Saturday, May 12, 2012

MAT (Multi-Axis Trainer for you trainee wanna be's)

The Multi-Axis Trainer simulates the disorientation one would feel in a tumble spin during reentry into the Earth’s atmosphere. (lifted right off of a description on the web)

This sounded like a much better description than I would have been able to tell you without being able to use my hands.

The kids are strapped into a chair that is part of a gyroscope-type device and then it is turned on. They turn around, over, and spin sideways.  Those who tried it loved it.  Sorry, I can't do those kinds of things anymore.  My stomach doesn't want to cooperate with that much fun.

Check out some of these shots.  And let me tell you what a challenge it is to get a picture of the children with their face showing because the spin on the MAT is so unpredictable.  I am very thankful for digital photography.  I would have wasted rolls of film without it.







A little instruction about the MAT before we
begin.











 

                                                                      Sarah Grace

                                                           

Mackenzie 
 


                                                                       Tyler


                                                                          Anne


The next 3 are Jovie in action sequence






And then afterwards.  That look says it all.  "That was so much fun!!"


                                                                      Gracie

                                                                      Justin




Josh

I'm sure that you're wondering if I was standing on my head at times to take these pictures.  I wasn't.  I had my feet firmly placed on the ground.

And what do you do while waiting your turn for the MAT?  You try out some gadget that you just bought at the gift shop or eat some of the contents of the giant Pixie Stick that you were able to fill yourself.  Did anyone mention the amount of SUGAR in these things?  I thought I was hearing murmurings about something like that. 






No comments:

Post a Comment