Monday, May 7, 2012

    The students have been very busy this afternoon.  They have gotten their room assignments and taken all goods to their rooms.  Then they spent a little "get-to-know-you" time with their counselors - Jacqueline, James, and Anna - by playing some games and establishing some base rules for the week.
This also allowed them to get some physical activities in with some chase games included.

     I caught up with them again as 2 of the groups were headed over to the G-Force.  This is a simulator that allows you to spin and feel the force of the gravity pushing against you.  Most enjoyed this, but several opted out, concerned that going in circles might not be good for them. ;-)

    The next group came along and rode the Space Shot.  This lets the students experience what it might feel like when the rocket takes off, then drops them down again just as suddenly only to take them back up again.  How exciting!  And what luck, they were there when there were very few others, so the line was short and they were able to ride twice if they wanted.

     I loved the comment from one of the students who said, "I probably won't be back here again.  I've got to try everything."  Great attitude.

     Our team names are:  Cosmos, Explorer, and Mariner.  They are each made up of 13 or 14 students.

    Now I have to apologize.  I have been taking pictures with my camera, but of all the charger cords that I packed, the one I seemed to have forgotten is the camera cord to allow me to download my pictures from the camera.  I am so sorry.  I will add them as soon as I get home.  I know - I can hear you now - but by then my child will be home.  I'll just have to do a good job of telling you all that they have been doing each day.

     I'm off to find them again.  The last activity before going back to their "Habitat" tonight is a movie called "Hail Columbia" in the IMAX theater.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment